Friday, January 13, 2012

What DAW do you use?

When someone mentions a DAW, here are the three most common thoughts that pop into someone's head:

FL Studio, fruit loops studio"FL Studio. It makes me feel awesome that I can say I work in a studio to my friends.. It makes me feel worth something."

pro tools, protools, pro tools logo"Well, you see, I use Pro Tools because I'm a pro at using tools."

And the much more common, in my experience:

pug, dog"What the hell is this kid talking about?"

I use FL Studio 7 like I mentioned in the previous post, and it just feels better to me than other DAWs. All DAWs are complicated in their own right, but some seem like they vomited their features all over the program, while FL Studio is just a bit more organized in my eyes. Some of the stock sounds truly sound bad though, like most of the guitars, so I'd be better off learning guitar and hooking it up, or having a guitarist friend help me out. But let's face it, the first way involves me learning an instrument, and the second half involves me making friends, so both plans are basically shot to hell.

What DAW do you use for your music, be it creating, producing, or mastering?