Saturday, March 24, 2012

Paramore - The Final Riot!

paramore, hayley williams, the final riot, riot, misery business, crushcrushcrush, josh farro, zac farroI wouldn't consider myself a 'Parawhore' but I do quite love their album 'Riot!' so I wanted to try out this album, which is basically a live version of that album, with some tracks from (I presume) the first album thrown in, but seeing as I haven't heard that yet, I can't confirm.

I don't really expect much from live albums, because it takes a lot to make a live album that truly outdoes the original, but it's Paramore, maybe they have a trick up their sleeve or two?

paramore, hayley williams, the final riot, riot, misery business, crushcrushcrush, josh farro, zac farroPictured above: A lot of sleeves. Maybe there's a trick up one of them?

I wish that was the case.

Unfortunately, what I'm given (what I've stolen illegally from the internet) is a bit of a disappointment. The biggest disappointment on the album has to be how the guitar sounds. It just sounds so weak and thin compared to the sound on the album, and honestly it really brings down the experience of hearing Paramore live for me. The second thing being that Hayley Williams' voice kind of sounds deeper to me for some reason, and at several points during songs, makes the audience sing instead of her, which wouldn't be so bad, except it happens quite often, and you can barely hear them over the instrumentals, which defeats the purpose of hearing "OMG OUR BEAUTIFUL SOUNDING FANBASE" in your stereo.

I don't expect much from live albums, honestly, and they could have done a lot worse, but to a big fan of 'Riot!' it just left me wanting to hear the original album. Hardcore Paramore fans may find some stuff to obsess over, but for fans like me, it's not exactly the worst live album you'll ever hear, not by any stretch, but nothing worth spending money on.

Which I didn't, because I'm a little rascal.

6/10

Recommended tracks: Just listen to 'Riot!' instead and thank me later.