Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blink-182 - Cheshire Cat

blink-182, cheshire cat, tom delonge, mark hoppus, scott raynor, pop-punkBlink-182 are pop-punk heroes, love them or hate them, but they were massively influential to modern pop-punk bands. While I love their later material, I'm just not feeling this album at all.

Blink-182 at this time was made up of Tom Delonge on guitar and vocals, Mark Hoppus on bass and vocals, and Scott Raynor on drums.

blink-182, cheshire cat, tom delonge, mark hoppus, scott raynor, pop-punkI got into Blink-182 starting with 'Enema of the State' and moved forward from there, and I do like the album that came before the album I just named, but this album just doesn't really interest me much at all, and that's a shame because people seem to love it.

The melodies are too hidden in the bad production, the guitar sounds a bit too grainy for me, the bass is quiet, and the drums sound rather weak. Tom's voice was also rather whiny, and Mark's voice was plain.

They all sort of have a similar feel too, which bothers me because some of the songs sound alike.

There's probably a lot of good material to be found for hardcore Blink fans, but I'm just not hardcore enough to enjoy this. I love their later music, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near their biggest fan.

Maybe this album just doesn't appeal to me because of that fact.

5/10

Recommended Track(s): Carousel