Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spooky POP Playlist, Part 7

Holler!

This is my very last installation of Spooky POPNESS, so I'm making it as POPPY as POSSIBLE. Enjoy!

33. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River: We all know this as the song Justin wrote about his breakup with Britney, but it works perfectly on a Halloween playlist, too. That synthesized intro, with the man-voice singing "heeeeee" is super spooky. Also, when Justin coos, "You don't have to say / what you did / I already know / I found out from him," I'm reminded of I Know What You Did Last Summer. S to the CARY.

34. Britney Spears - Circus: The girl for whom Justin's track was written turned out her own Halloween worthy tune. The electronic intro on this one is creepylicious, too. Plus, it's one of my favorite songs, so any excuse to shake my booty to it works for me.

35. Beyoncé - Sweet Dreams: Beyoncé embraces her inner dance diva on this track, which is why it's my favorite Beyoncé single of all time. Can you hear the sample of Michael Jackson's Beat It mixed in? Also, when was the last time we heard such beautiful lyrics in a big POP piece? This is one beautiful nightmare I certainly do NOT want to wake up from. (Check out girlfriend's live performance from the 2009 MTV European Music Awards. WORK.)

36. Shakira - She-Wolf: I can't think of a better song with which to end this list. When She-Wolf was released, I listened to it NON-STOP (and I was never a Shakira fan). It's so undeniably catchy. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'm not even into wolves (or animals in general - sorry PETA), but I'll be a She-Wolf any day! (Potential costume idea...)

This was fun! Hope y'all dance up a sweaty storm this Halloween. When in doubt, dance it OUT!

Unapologetically,

Gregory