Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spooky POP Playlist, Part 6

Holler!

I have two more Spooky POP Playlists left for y'all! Here we go:


28. SparkRevolving: This song is THE soundtrack to a haunted house with no exit. It has a psychedelic quality, making me feel like I'm actually revolving. (I swear I'm not high on anything.)






29. T.I.Castle Walls ft. Christina Aguilera: Typically, I don't like when artists write about fame. They end up coming off as self-abosrbed, ungrateful pricks. Castle Walls is the exception. Why T.I.'s label didn't promote it at radio is a mystery to me; I know he was in prison, but this song is a surefire hit. Produced by Alex da Kid (who also worked on "Airplanes" and "Love the Way You Lie"), this track is ripe with emotion - you can feel the loneliness that T.I. and Christina refer to. It's relatable because of the sadness in Christina's voice. Plus, the synthesized instrumentation precisely matches the Halloween mood.

30. Bruno Mars - It Will Rain: Written for the upcoming Twilight movie, It Will Rain is a song I'll be absolutely sick of in two months after hearing it on radio rotation non-stop. However, right now, I'm savoring every sonic second. It possesses the same liquidy sense of space common to James Blake's music, which makes it just spooky enough to light your lanterns to.

31. Madonna - Devil Wouldn't Recognize You: Produced by Timbaland and Justin Timberlake, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You contains the electro-funk we've come to expect from these boys. It features an electronic intro and spooky bridge filled with a chorus of JTs (every girl's fantasy). Enjoy it while I cross my fingers, hoping that the devil won't recognize you on the night of October 31st. (I realize that I can be unbearably cheesy. Love me or leave me.)


32. Michael Jackson - Thriller: This choice needs no explanation. Enjoy the video's zombies.

Check in later this week for our very last installation!

Unapologetically,

Gregory