Saturday, December 31, 2011

Deuce/9LIVES - America

deuce, 9lives, hollywood undead, america, aron erlichmanI don't know what the hell Kudos are, but Dan Walker can have a lot of them for fetching me this image. Take as many Kudos as you need, little boy..

New single by Deuce. I pretty much have to review every single he puts out because he used to be the lead singer for one of my favorite bands, and while all of my past reviews have been negative, causing the fanboys and fangirls to yell at me, I don't think this will rattle their bushes.

First off, I actually like this song. It has Deuce singing throughout the whole thing, so none of this rapping is present. I think Deuce's voice has actually gotten stronger, and he's able to pack more anger into his vocals than before, as he sings about how messed up the great USA is. It's a catchy little tune, and I have to admit, I had the chorus stuck in my head for a while. It's well-written, and proves he still has the ability to write somewhat deep songs, like he did back when he was in HU.

The song isn't without flaws, though. The only thing I can really say that bothered me about it was that to me it sounds a lot like Hollywood Undead's 'Young' for some reason, but maybe I'm alone on that. Deuce's screams still sound lackluster too.

This part right here is nitpicking about the video, so don't mind me: A lot of his band mates look similar to Hollywood Undead members. A few times, I thought I saw Charlie Scene on the drums and had to double-take. His mask also looks kinda bad, because it looks like it was made out of clay, and just looks like it was the first mask he ever made.

Overall, I can't really hate on this. Deuce made a solid single, and I hope to see more stuff like this from him in the future.

7/10

But of course, different ears have different opinions..

"I'd rather spray myself in the eyes with lysol than listen to this crap." - Taylor Aragon. My opinion is now null.