Sunday, November 20, 2011

Albums you just don't understand

Does anyone know the feeling? Someone hypes up an album, and then you listen to it, and it's not like you don't like it because of the sound, if that makes any sense, it's just you can't get a grasp of what's going on, or get into it.

For me, that album is My Bloody Valentine's 'Loveless'

my bloody valentine, loveless, hipster, /mu/, shoegaze
Possibly the leading album in shoegaze, yet I just can't get into it. I hope I will one day, because people go insane for it. I do like the track 'When You Sleep' in passing though. I guess it's just a /mu/core album I just can't get into, which is strange, considering I can get into others, like Neutral Milk Hotel's 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea', and Radiohead's 'Kid A' although I haven't listened to anything else by Radiohead yet.

neutral milk hotel, in the aeroplane over the sea, itaots, jeff mangum, hipsterradiohead, thom yorke, alternative, creep, kid a, hipster, sadPictured above: Hipster-life soundtrack albums.

But I don't know. How about you?