Monday, November 28, 2011

Deuce/9LIVES - Let's Get It Crackin'

deuce, 9lives, let's get it crackin', aron erlichman, hollywood undead, swan songsNOTE: I am not hating on Deuce just because of what happened with Hollywood Undead. I could not even possibly care less about that. This is my music blog, and it's my opinions. I judge things by the actual music, not the backstory.

I know it's a bit weird for me to review a single, but who cares? It's new.

Deuce is here with his first single, 'Let's Get It Crackin' from his new album, and it sucks. It sucks. I cannot stress that enough, it sucks. I didn't know it was possible to get the mastermind behind some great Hollywood Undead classics to fall so short. This is terrible. His rapping is terrible on this track, to the point where it sounds forced, and that it was his first time ever actually trying to rap his verse, in the way that it sounds like he just used the first take, and Jeffree Star's verse on this is equally terrible in the way that it just doesn't fit at all.

Terribly immature club-lyrics with a reference to poking a hole in a girl's butt or something, but hey, at least it isn't about Hollywood Undead, so that's a change, right? I know Hollywood Undead has had sexual club lyrics before, but nothing quite like this..

Deuce is mainly known for his choruses, not his rap verses, so you expect for it to be alright, right? Wrong. It sounds very forced. He crams so many words into the chorus, and it just doesn't flow. It's like he's trying to cram in as many words as he possibly can, and trying, keyword: trying to make them work. Also of note is his terrible screaming. He tries to sound hardcore, but he ends up just sounding like an angry 14 year old screaming along to his Linkin Park albums. This sounds like BrokeNCYDE, and if your music ever gets seriously compared to them, you're doing something wrong.

deuce, 9lives, let's get it crackin', aron erlichman, hollywood undead, swan songsMaking a mask out of a disco ball doesn't make you look cool, or rich, sissyboy.

At least, like I said, he isn't whining about Hollywood Undead.. For now. If this is any indication of what his upcoming album will be, I'm not jumping to get it, no matter what the lyrical content is about. This is just Deuce laughing at the fact that he can release anything, and his fans will jump to regurgitate his excrement, and vomit it all over Facebook to 'support' a guy who has enough money to not need any type of support at all.

I honestly think he needs to stop rapping, and just stick to choruses, or even just singing. He's good at that. Deuce has a lot of potential and talent in him, and I don't think he's using it to the extent that he could. Maybe the album might win me over, but like I said, if this is the kind of stuff that's going to be on it, I can't say I'm the most excited..

4/10