Friday, November 18, 2011

Linkin Park - MMM...COOKIES: Sweet Hamster Like Jewels from America!

linkin park, mike shinoda, chester bennington, cookies, hamsters, america
Everyone knows this nu-metal band has just looked up at the above picture and said "What the hell?" outloud. People typically know this band for songs about sorrow, hate, and all that jazz. I don't think anyone ever expected this out of them.


linkin park, mike shinoda, chester bennington
While LP were making songs, on occasion, Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington wanted to record silly little songs to relieve stress, and they ended up unintentionally pissing off a lot of their fanbase in the process!

linkin park, mike shinoda, chester bennington
There are six songs on here, none particularly long, about subjects not even LP would cross normally, nor any other mere mortal band, such as bubbles, and not wanting to do the laundry ("I DON'T WANNA DO NO GODDAMN LAUNDRY!")

As much as this short album is unserious, I unfortunately have to review it seriously. While it did make me smile, none of the songs are particularly worth coming back to. I'd love to hear LP do a non-serious album in their typical style, that'd make me listen to them a lot more, considering then they would have done away with their typical lyrics.

I wanna give this a 5/10. Made me smile, and laugh a few times, but nothing especially great, although PBN' Jellyfish is a catchy tune.

Recommended tracks: PBN' Jellyfish, 26 Lettaz in Da Alphabet