Monday, November 21, 2011

Hollywood Undead - American Tragedy Redux

hollywood undead, deuce, american tragedy redux, charlie sceneSo the hip-hop/pop/rock/metal band wanted to appeal to the DJ scene, and that's where this album has come from. It's full of electronic/dubstep remixes of songs off of American Tragedy, and I'm not too quite sure on how to feel about it..

hollywood undead, charlie scene, johnny 3 tears, daniel murillo, j-dog, da kurlzz, funny manThe remixes here, while some aren't that bad, like the Andrew W.K. remix of 'My Town', some are just boring. None of the songs here beat the original at all, although I don't mind the remix of 'Comin' In Hot' either. None of them can surpass the originals, and I don't see why anyone would listen to this over the original album.

The remix of 'Bullet' is interesting, though. The original song is so happy, but this one is so dark. The chorus is just removed, and replaced with a sample of Charlie Scene saying 'Gone again' over and over again, over some synths, drums, and dark electric guitar.

Some parts aren't that well blended together, and that really sucks, because I was looking forward to this just because it's HU, but I don't think HU can be remixed with dubstep. I just don't think it works.

The thing is, though, this very well could just be my opinion. If you like dance music, or dubstep in general, you may absolutely love the hell out of this album, but as far as my opinion goes on it, it may grow on me, but I'm just not digging this so far. The most I can say is that some of the remixes are interesting, not necessarily good or great.

5/10

Recommended tracks: Bullet (Kay V Remix), Comin' In Hot (Wideboys Club Mix)

But the question is, since they're using dubstep now, will their ex-lead singer, Deuce, now of 9Lives, try to copy it?

deuce, hollywood undead, 9lives, aron erlichmanSeriously, for some reason, and I hate to sound like a dick, but I bet Deuce is gonna incorporate dubstep into his style, at least in one song, because of this.