Friday, November 18, 2011

Misfits - Project 1950

misfits, jerry only, project 1950, halloweenHorror-punk legends are back.. Minus Michale Graves, and Doyle. That's right, a great vocalist and the signature guitarist are gone. On vocals is long-time bassist Jerry Only, who has a deep voice like Glenn Danzig, but is still very much identifiable. On this album, is covers of 1950s love songs.

Wait, what?

jerry only, misfits, dez cadena, project 1950, devil's rain
I don't even know why they put out this album. What even compelled Jerry Only to do this? Why? Some of the covers are decent, I'll give it that, like 'This Magic Moment' and 'Dream Lover', but everyone knows the Misfits normally stay the hell away from things like that. There's even a saxophone in one or two tracks. Why.

Overall, to put this review short, I liked a few tracks on here, but this isn't the Misfits, this is just Jerry Only of Misfits with some other dudes. I haven't heard the new album yet, but I hope it's better than this.

I'm not a Jerry Only hater, nor do I think he's a sellout, I just don't like this album that much.

6/10

Recommended tracks: This Magic Moment, Dream Lover