Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dane Cook - Harmful if Swallowed

dane cook, harmful if swallowed, comedy, comedian, funnyMan this guy gets a lot of hate, and don't get me wrong, I can totally see why some people would hate him, but as for people like me, while I'm not a huge fan of him, I do enjoy him in short doses, much like your girlfriend enjoys heroin. This is me reviewing a stand-up comedy album, by the way, no music or anything. Dane Cook is a comedian that some find absolutely funny, and others don't, saying that his gimmick is that he yells the punchlines, or does funny voices, and I'm not gonna deny the presence of those in here, but honestly, it's comedy, does it have to be smart to make you laugh? No, and neither does Dane.

dane cook, comedy, comedian, funnyLet me go on the record and say that I don't enjoy all of his stand-up. His later stand-up has some pretty cringe-worthy stuff in there, but this is his first stand-up album, where he had to make a name for himself, and honestly I find it funny. Not in a really smart, witty kind of way, but kind of like being around that guy in your group of friends who's loud, occasionally obnoxious, but you keep laughing at. Dane isn't so much a comedian as much as he is that guy in your group given a microphone and a stage, and that's okay.

If you're easily entertained (which isn't an insult) I can see you liking this. Maybe you won't be totally laughing the whole time, but there'll be more than a few times you'll smirk or smile in general, just like I do.

As with everything, ignore the haters, if you like it, then it's good to you, and that's all that matters. If you don't, go right on ahead, but try not to ruin anyone's fun while you're at it.

7/10